Re: [CH] Buying pepper seeds

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 11:00:14 -0500

From: "Dave Drum" <xrated@cityscape.net>

> Same here. Your mileage obviously varies from mine. Since I am shifting
> house to a mobile home court I will not have the expansive yard to raise
> a garden that I have enjoyed in the past. So, three kinds of tomatoes,
> poblano, Big Jim, and Czechoslovakian Black peppers and tomatillos is
> pretty ambitious for the space available.
>
> If I had more space I'd do more peppers - and give Dave Anderson and
> Chile Woman a try. But, there's always next year.

I live in a standard lot-sized mobile home park and we grow about 75 to 100
chiles of all ilk in our yard.  We use ornamental troughs, pots, an 8'x8'
rock garden (for tomatoes), and in back of our yard-shed we have
wallpaper-paste troughs with onions, radishes and super chiles.  There
troughs are fairly shallow (6 inches) but they only cost $2-3 American, and
a 40 lb. bag of potting soil fits them perfetly.

I also collect those black or green transport pots that greenhouses use for
big yard plants and plant chiles in them.  My real prize is two huge
tree-pots from a greenhouse that I stake cucumbers up in.   I keep
everything neat and orderly and the landlady says she thinks it all looks
very nice.   Of course our garden is over the fence in the neighbor's back
yard and that's where I let my genetic disposition to grow rampant weeds
take over...

carp