Re: [CH] Dutch oven

Frank Andrew Stevenson (frank@funcom.com)
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:35:14 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Emile & Dewi wrote:

> Hi Podheads,
>
> I have a question. What is a Dutch oven? I'm Dutch, but I don't know what is
> meant by that. Can anyone enlighten me?

I saw this ducth oven cooking while visiting the states last summer. It
seems to be basicly cooking on hot coals in cast iron pots, and involves a
lot of moving of pots, lids, throwing coals on the lids etc.etc. Try
searching for "dutch oven" at www.google.com, some hits:

The International Dutch Oven Society's Homepage
http://www.idos.com/

The google search:
http://www.google.com/search?q=dutch+oven&num=10

  frank

This sentence is unique in this respect; it can safely
be attributed to my employer, Funcom Oslo AS.
There is no place like N59 50.558' E010 50.870'. (WGS84)
I enjoy coffee, and support cafe: http://www.eff.org/cafe/