Re: [gardeners] OT -- Canada geese

Gayle Fields (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 04 Jan 1999 17:32:08 -0700

Margaret, your posts have given me a chuckle.  When I was waiting at the
Kelowna airport in British Columbia on Saturday they were holding all
flights both landing and taking off.  The reason:  thousands of Canadian
Geese flying just about 200 feet above the runway.  Lasted about 20
minutes.  It was a beautiful sight.  I could imagine the pilots of the
planes landing, "Ladies and Gentlemen:  We are stacking over this small
airport right now to make way for mother nature's aircraft to take off
safely and ensure that we can land safely."

Gayle

--

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see"

Mark Twain