Re: [gardeners] Seed Starting Box

Virginia Prinns (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 08 Jan 1999 09:07:19 -0800

dHi Lucinda.

Think I'd pot up all your bulbs (you can layer them)  Then shovel aside
the snow, thaw the ground with hot water to make a hole, then bury
pot(s) deeply and cover with soil & snow again.  I just did this with
some lily bulbils that I found the other day so we will see if it works
up here (where Pronce George is far warmer than the prairies at the mo).

I have planted bulbs late in Ontario and had no probs.  Once you get
through the frozen crust the ground is soft enough to dig. (sometimes)

If you are unsure about this, why not pot up and leave in garage for a
few weeks, then bring pots into house one at a time for inside bloom and
plant bulbs outside in the spring.

Cheerss  Ginny in PG