Re: [gardeners] Friday in the garden

Sun, 06 Jun 1999 09:10:34 -0500

penny x stamm wrote:

> George, many years ago we removed bathroom wallpaper
> called "Varlar". It was extremely strudy, and had a cloth-like
> feel to it. I think it took 8 hours to get that durned stuff off the
> walls!  Water could not penetrate it, so nothing but brute
> scraping could get it loose....
>
> Penny, NY

> or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

That's the way this stuff in the master bath is but it's just paper no cloth
feel at all. I think it's probably been on there at least 20 years. When we
removed the vanity mirror we were astonished to discover the paper had a
white background. For the nine years we've lived here we thought it had a
brownish-yellow background. No amount of scrubbing would get the paper white
again so off it comes. Still scraping the stuff, get about a square foot an
hour it seems. Have to be careful not to take the first layer of paper off
the wallboard backing. We should finish today though.

George