Re: [gardeners] Brinkman smoker = FIRE HAZARD! wuz: Question about

Dan Dixon (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:28:18 -0500

On Wednesday, July 21, 1999 1:57:58 PM, Tantrika wrote:

> no-o-o-o-o-o-o
>
> same smoker!
>
> At 01:28 PM 7/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>On Wednesday, July 21, 1999 1:03:54 PM, Tantrika wrote:
>>
>>> now I'm getting confused. :/
>>>
>>> some people have had no problems what so ever!
>>
>>Different styles of smokers.

I meant some styles of Brinkmann's smokers are safe on wood decks, and some
are not. I have a Brinkmann's smoker that is very unlikely to cause a fire
on a wood deck. The other people who have said it is safe presumably are
referring to smokers that differ from Greg Park's. Obviously, some smokers
would be very dangerous to use on a wood deck.

Frankly, I think it's a good idea to shield your deck from the smoker when
its in use, regardless of the type. I'd also keep a close eye on a burning
smoker, no matter what kind or where it is.

Dan Dixon