Re: [gardeners] firecrackers

Sun, 02 Jan 2000 08:45:49 -0600

penny x stamm wrote:

> .
> Allen & George, I would also be having an unbelievable fit if my
> neighbors were endangering my property... It is impossible to
> believe that they do not understand the dangers involved.
>
> Does this also happen on the 4th of July...?
>
> I can only hope that you will both find a solution before the next
> celebration.
>
> Penny, NY
> .
> .
> .--

> Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

In Louisiana it happens on every holiday except Huey Long's birthday.
The fireworks are legal in the parish (county) but illegal in every
municipality so the purveyors of fireworks set up huge tents on the
outskirts of each town. The local police say there is nothing they can
do about it as the sellers are in the parish. Next step is contacting
the parish police juror for my district to see if an ordnance can be
enacted.

George