Re: [gourds] gourd as water vessel

hdqrs@worldnet.att.net (gourds@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 20:52:38 -0600

At 04:47 PM 1/22/98 +0000, Mark Middle Mountain wrote:

>Gourds are naturally waterproof.  If they sweat a little, that may be
desirable as
>the evaporative cooling effect  will keep the liquid cool.  Anyone
remember the
>old canvas water bags we used to hang on our truck's mirrors during the hot
>harvests?  The water seeping through would evaporate  and cool the water
within.

Yes the good old days.  But Mark we have one lady (Kasin) on the GourdPatch
list that for sure if she load up a gourd with water it would give her a
shower the first time she picked up the gourd.  I am not sure she is ready
for a "SHOWER" at this time (age) in her life and her ability to handle
exploding gourds. :)

Replies/Abuse: old jim