Re: [tomato] Re:Tomato Fruit Set & Cold Weather

Saulth (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:24:56 -0400

Date sent:      	Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:56:00 -0400
From:           	ChuckWyatt/Md/Z7 <ChuckWyatt@compuserve.com>
Subject:        	[tomato] Re:Tomato Fruit Set & Cold Weather
To:             	"INTERNET:Tomato@GlobalGarden.com" <Tomato@GlobalGarden.com>
Send reply to:  	Tomato@GlobalGarden.com

> Hi Jaime,
>
> You have an interesting system.  The water temp, however will probably skew
> your results. They will be far earlier than otherwise.  I also think you
> give too litle credit to the Wall O' Waters.  I used a max / min
> thermometer a ciuple of years ago and found 10 -15 degrees of improvement,
> depending on how sunny the preceding day was.  The water temp in the WOW is
> VERY significant as is the temp of your circulating water.  The proximity
> to the Ocean will also raise night temps in most cases.

Hi Chuck,
  I've heard that the WoW don't do much, so now I have both sides.
 :-)  Guess I'll just have to see how they do here in my micro-clime.

Wasalso wondering if your sight is back up...and wanted to ask
you if you could post the URL again. :-)

Blessings,
Kimberlee
Zone 5, in the Mid-Hudson valley of NY state
Kimberlee Simmons a.k.a. "Blackwood" or "Saulth"
http://www.frontiernet.net/~spooky
A Company of Mortals:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~spooky/com.htm