Re: [tomato] FWIW

Tantrika (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 16:06:55 -0700

sorry that was probably a bit flip.  I think the first thing would be to
identify them.  You don't want to put (poisons) herbicides on them unless
you are absolutely sure the poisons would not hurt the tomatoes or poison
you or beneficial insects or birds. And you really need to know what it is
for that to occur. I think your best answer is pull out what you can and
put down some weed free straw as mulch to minimize weed growth.  And are
you certain it's really a problem?  sometimes many plants can co-exist
quite nicely.