RE: [tomato] Seed trial

Richard F. Dillon (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 05:42:37 -0600

Yes, I think I received them around April or May last year, much too late
for me to use them in our Spring garden.  I store all my seeds in a 1 gallon
glass container (with powdered milk in the bottom to absorb humidity)in a
refrigerator.  The other seeds seem to have maintained their viability in
that climate, but not one of the six seeds sown germinated. Once I receive
them, I will try this year's Caspian Pinks in our fall garden, of which I
will probably plant the seeds in June so they are ready to plant outside 6-8
weeks later.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-tomato@GlobalGarden.com
[mailto:owner-tomato@GlobalGarden.com]On Behalf Of Dave Anderson
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2000 7:44 PM
To: Tomato@GlobalGarden.com
Subject: RE: [tomato] Seed trial

Interesting---Were these the Caspian Pinks I sent out last year?
The lots I'm sending this year show 85% for the Caspian Pink and
80% for the Brandywine, but we had 100% with small
quantities of both. Seeds for both were sown on March 7 and the
Caspian Pinks have developed true leaves while the Brandywines
have not.

Dave
TLCC