Re: [tomato] Happy99.exe virus was just passed on Tomato@globalgarden!

Richard Yarnell (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 21:45:17 -0700 (PDT)

It appeared to be worse than that.  I read my mail in a text only browser,
mostly to catch this kind of stuff.  It was an ascii encoded file which
some browsers, depending on how they're set up, will decode automatically.
I sent the header to the originator's ISP and to GlobalGarden.com.

Nasty.

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Pete wrote:

> I just received an email with the HAPPY99.exe virus attached from a tomato
> list I belong to called Tomatoglobalgarden.  The subject was fertilizer
> warning.  Thank goodness once again my Norton Antivirus caught this virus,
> quarantined it, and prevent my computer from being infected.  This is
> getting to be a serious problem.  PLEASE!  Install a quality virus program
> and update your virus signatures DAILY!  All those members of
> Globalgarden....please don't open any attachments from today, just delete.
> Please scan your system for viruses and empty your recycle bin.
>
> Thank you
> Peter,  South Florida,  Zone 10
>
> Orchid@ispchannel.com
> Videoman@ispchannel.com
> Videomaker2000@aol.com

Richard Yarnell, SHAMBLES WORKSHOPS | No gimmick we try, no "scientific"
Beavercreek, OR. Makers of fine     | fix we attempt, will save our planet
Wooden Canoes, The Stack(R) urban   | until we reduce the population. Let's
composter, fly tying benches        | leave our kids a decent place to live.