Re: [CH] New Year's Recipe...

Rich McCormack (macknet@cts.com)
Thu, 01 Jan 1998 01:56:41 -0800

> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 08:57:59 -0500
> From: michellem@iworksys.com (Michelle Munistari)
> Subject: [CH] New Year's Recipe...
>
> Happy New Year, fellow CH's!!!  i have a quick question and any input
> would be greatly appreciated, as usual.  does anyone know of any
> traditional spicy dishes that are prepared for the incoming of a new
> year?  there is always the boring lentil soup that i can throw a chopped
> up habanero in but, i'd like to go a different route this year.

Well, other than a spoonful or two of black-eyed peas liberally doused
with Rich's Holy Habanero Hot Sauce...just in case there is some
substance to the superstition that partaking of such fare will bring
prosperity and good luck in the New Year...

Huevos de Muerte is a traditional offering on New Year's Day at our
house.  I posted the recipe to the CH mailing list a couple of years
ago and it's in the recipe archive somewhere, but I'll post it again
anyway.  Here it is again...a blast from the past.

Note: The part of the original message in which I carried on about my
looking forward to the San Diego Chargers winning Super Bowl XXIX has
been respectfully sniped.