Re: [CH] Cloning

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 18:15:54 +1100

At 8:52 AM +0200 15-1-98, Bridget Kitley wrote:
>Here's another cultivation conundrum from a beginner.
>
>Can one clone pepper plants by taking stem cuttings? Are there any special
>techniques that need to be mastered? I would like to keep my pepper strains
>pure and this seems to be the most effective method, ...or is it?
>
>Thanks
>Ryan

We grow a great little chilli that produces fruit all year in  ashady spot.
W get several kilos (abou 10 lb) or more ayear from it.
 We have tried growing from seed but without any success  - it does not
come true to seed.
We are now going to take cuttings and see if this works.

Michael Bailes,  The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250
Australia. (OZ) Int fax 61 243 651979  Phone 61 243 677322
 EMAIL: frgntgar@ozemail.com.au  Web page at:
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~frgntgar/
1998 Chilli Festival 8/9 March.
"All gardens begin in winter dreams."
 Patricia Monaghan , "Magical Gardens",  P.17, LLwellyn, 1997