Re: [CH] Gourmet Chili/Salsa Products/Program

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:15:56 -0500

At 10:01 PM 1/26/98 -0700, John G. Zemek wrote:
>I'd like to make these delicious chili products available to the chile
>lovers on the Chile-Heads e-mail list.  These are not salsas made in New
>York!!  These are chile products that have character, a history and are
>unique.  We ship the salsas anywhere in the USA.

Going a bit commercial here.

What's wrong with salsas made in New York?  Some of the best salsa I've
ever had was from Zarelas and Mesa Grill in New York.  I'd be careful with
that claim lest you be associated with Pace, purveyors of heatless salsas
who are somewhat reviled on this list...

>An interesting fact is that salsas are the largest selling condiment in
>the United States.  They outsell ketchup!!

It's only interesting until you think about it.  Salsas and ketchup are
consumed in completely different ways.  When was the last time you and a
couple of friends sat down and consumed an entire bottle of ketchup at one
sitting?  It's like comparing the sales volume of beer to cooking oil.

                          =Mark

@   http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens   @

Where ya' from?
                           Jersey.