Re: [CH] Pico de Gallo

Marshall Williams (marshallw@ibm.net)
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 00:48:13 -0600

Porter Banister wrote:

> Judy Howle Wrote:
>
>>This came today in the Paul Prudhomme newsletter.  He has a new book out.
>>Has anyone tried the Magic Pepper Sauce?  I haven't heard of it.

(Major snip...)

> Leave it to Paul Prudhomme to turn what should be a 5 or 6 ingredient affair
> into a 15 ingredient one. This is not meant to disparage - the guy really
> knows how to add complex flavors in stages. My toque is off to him. Yes,
> Judy, I have tried his Magic Pepper Sauce. It is a hotter version of a
> typical Louisiana hot sauce, and contains habs as well as cayenne. It's a
> cut above the rest not only in heat but in flavor.

(and another snip for brevity's sake)

I agree with Porter - on both accounts.  I received some of Chef Paul's
Magic Pepper Sauce for Christmas '96 and really enjoyed - to my
surprise.  I like his food, but not his commercial style.  So I was
prepared for 'just another Louisiana hot sauce', but it had good flavor
and decent heat - much better than Tabasco for most things.  So I
recommend it (and look for it when I shop.)

- Marshall not in N'Awlins but touring in San Fran