Re: [CH] refrigeration

Hobby Farmer (hobby.farmer@carrinter.net)
Fri, 06 Feb 1998 03:53:03 -0500

--------------D59827EC28B298C0F0CABF50

Dave Hendricks wrote:

> I just got some new hot sauce this week and this one says to
> refrigerate after opening. I never saw this on any other hot sauce
> that I have. Is this a recommended practice or can I jut leave the
> rest on the shelf where that have been?

Dave, perhaps the PH is too low to inhibit the growth of bacteria?  I
have several hot sauces the say to refrigerate after opening, including
Dave's Insanity and several 10-15 onion-based hot sauces.  I also
refrigerate our homemade sauces, as I haven't tested them for PH.

Better safe than sorry works for me.....

Hobby Farmer