[CH] What is this stuff?

Peter Moss (pmoss@yoda.alt.za)
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 13:19:04 RSA-2

> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 02:53:43 -0500
> From: Hobby Farmer <hobby.farmer@carrinter.net>
> Subject: Re: [CH] What is this stuff?

[snip] an operation much to be admired and copied.

>> Your co-operation as well as those others posting HTML and
>> MIME would be appreciated.

> OK, Peter, I took the hint and turned off MIME.  Sure am glad
> my system just handles all that stuff - whatever folks send
> looks fine.  Thanks, Netscape, which is now FREE.

Not to belabour the point but there are two forms of the list.
Most modern readers will handle separate messages just fine.
The digest is a combination of all the days messages and there
is no reader in the world that will handle each message in the
digest as anything other than text.  As text MIME and HTML sure
look ugly and immediately brand the poster as a newby.

I can't talk for the other digest readers but from me a big
thank you for turning off MIME.

My apologies for taking up list space with this thread but with
the number of HTML and MIME posts recently I thought one message
to the list would be more efficient than mailing each poster.

More power to your chiles.

Peter

--

Peter Moss             E-Mail: pmoss@yoda.alt.za

Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.