Re: [CH] pork for burritos

Doug Irvine (dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca)
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 21:19:10 -0800

Judy Howle wrote:

> I got this inquiry today and am not an expert in this area.  Any suggestions
> would be appreciated.
>
> >I enjoy your web site and all the recipes...I am wondering how to fix
> >pork and add this to burritos..I have had the best burritos and there
> >were chunks of pork in them..Also what cut of pork do I need and how do
> >I cook the pork??Thanks for replying..Kathy at: skabt@southwind.net
>
> Judy Howle
> howle@ebicom.net
>
> Flavors of the South
> Recipes for "heat lovers"
> http://www.ebicom.net/~howle
>
> Hot and Spicy Food Editor
> Suite 101
> http://www.suite101.com/topics/page.cfm/462

Well, hello Judy, belated thanks for that of a couple weeks ago! To do
pork for burritos, tamales, enchilladas, or whatever Mex....boil heck
out of it...just dump a good sized hunk of pork butt, leg, or loin, in a
pot of water, salt it, a little vinegar(very little) and bring to a boil
and simmer until tender...hours if necessary! Works like crazy, tastes
great too, let it cool, and shred it, then use as you wish. Cheers, Doug
in Beautiful British Columbia