[CH] Re: CH-SF?

Allen L Marshall (crataegus@yhc.edu)
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 02:53:14 -0500

(I realize this is going to be doubled in the digest, so I'll try to keep
it short...)

Judy Howle wrote:
>No connection here!  I don't like SF.  I read mysteries and thrillers
>mostly.  Working on Total Control at the moment.

Imagine what a different series it would have been if Nero Wolfe grew
chiles instead of orchids...

I think, though, that the original question in this thread was whether or
not some SF junkies were also chile junkies.  Certainly not all fans of
sci-fi/fantasy/horror enjoy chiles.  I have quite a few FSFH friends who
think that I'm out of my head for wanting anything hotter than jalape~nos
in my garden.  I also have friends who are chile-heads (not list members)
who have no idea who Frank Herbert is.  (They'll get a lecture if they
don't know, though...)

And now, to try and get back on topic:

Jalape~nos:  14 seedlings
Thai Hots:   6 seedlings
Cayenne:     6 seedlings
Habaneros:   ~8 seedlings
Red Habs:    12 seedlings!

These plants are the ones I am supposed to be keeping.  They don't include
the Charleston Hots, the Cherry Peppers, and all the other veggies I wanted
to plant in my postage stamp garden.  Anyone have any recommendations for
maximizing space?

--
<mailto:crataegus@yhc.edu>
Allen Marshall