Re: [CH] Chili Storage

Daryl F. Bernard (dbernard@svsu.edu)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 16:21:33 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Brent Thompson wrote:

> like maybe double.  I don't now remember exactly how long they did last,
> but as I recall they were still in _perfect_ condition something like 6 or
> 8 weeks later, long past when the others had passed behond the usable
> stage,

Just wonderin, but, why let chiles get beyond the usable stage? It might
be a novel idea, but how 'bout using them?

Just kidding (kind of) of course. There are plenty of things in my fridge
at various stages of usefulness. Personally, I'm kind of a freak about
not eating things on the edge of usefulness. Seems like every time I go
over my mother-in-law's she's offereing me stuff out of her fridge -
"here, Daryl,why don't you eat this [insert food item here] - if it
doesn't get eaten today it's got to be thrown away." Makes me wonder how
she's got it down to such a science that today it's o.k. to eat, but
tomorrow it might put ya in the hospital. Needless to say, I generally
pass. Course, a healthy portion of my Dave's Insanity Salsa just might
take care of anything I would need to be concerned about...

Daryl