Re: [CH] Chicken broth and Horseradish

Doug Irvine (dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:36:35 -0800

Rosana M. F. Cardoso wrote:

> >On Wed, 18 Feb 1998 tgreaves@notes.primeco.com wrote:
> >
> >> I've a couple of questions for our erudite list:  1) Could you heat
> >> tortillas in chicken broth to soften them instead of oil?  (I'm trying to
> >> minimize fat);
> >

> I split the tortillas in half and pop them in the toaster. Works fine and
> no added fat.
> Chee        Rosana
	Well, now, I have been microwaving them, wrapped in paper towel. for
about 30 seconds, leave them sit, and then take em out and use them as
required... dont leave them too long or they will go as any bread
does...tough!, but that will soften and also make them pliable enuf to
use in whatever, have been doing this for years, and it works! Cheers
from Doug on Beautiful Vancouvr Island