Re: [CH] changing email address

Charles Demas (demas@tiac.net)
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 21:10:59 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998 bwtampa@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> I am changing internet providers.
> How do I change my info to continue receiving the digest.

Easiest method is to subscribe from your new address, and then unsubscribe
from your current address, after you've successfully subscribed.

I believe for the digest these should be sent to this address:
<Chile-Heads-Digest-Request@GlobalGarden.com>

Whereas regular subsciption (non-digest) stuff should be sent here:
Chile-Heads List Server <Majordomo@globalgarden.com>

Sending the single word "Help" (without the quotes) in the body of an
email to those addresses should get you all the info you need.  Leave
the subject blank.

Out of curiosity, is your change of ISP due to the impending UDP (Usenet
Death Penalty) of Netcom due to start at 1700 PST on Friday (tomorrow)?
During a UDP, all posts to Usenet originating at the Target ISP will be
canceled.  Netcom is the Target of this UDP because of the ammount of
Usenet spam originating at Netcom (USA).  Netcom.ca and Netcom.uk are not
subjects of the UDP.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas