Re: [CH] Fwd News Article: Pepper Spray May Attract Bears

Charles Demas (demas@tiac.net)
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 05:19:23 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, John Benz Fentner, Jr. wrote:

> I haven't been thru Anchorage in a while but they used to have a full size
> stuffed Brown in the main concourse at the airport. Just the thing to walk up
> on after onea them 5 drink flights from Seattle. :)

I spent a summer at Brown University when I was in High School, and they
had a really big stuffed Brown Bear where we got our mail.  I only
just now realized that it was a "Brown" bear.  OK, I was a pretty
clueless kid at the time and just thought of it as a big bear.  :-)

My grandfather had been a hunter and when he was young, he went to
Alaska hunting, and came back with a black bear skin rug, complete
with head.  As kids we used to drape it over ourselves and play.

A good size for kids to play bear with, but nowhere near the size
of that big "Brown" bear.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas