Re: [CH] Buying a new vehicle?? How about a Tabasco Jeep

Doug Irvine (dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca)
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 22:20:24 -0800

The Surrealist wrote:

> Pardon me, I don't mean to be rude, but would you please keep your
> f**king spam off this list.
>
> I don't subscribe to this list to get advertising. I get enough of that
> shit as it is.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill
>
> jim wolfe wrote:
> >
> > http://www.jeepunpaved.com/concept_vehicles/concept_vehicles_right.html
> > --
> > Jim W           My opinions are just that; not my employer's or my wife's!
> > !! Do not assume that your freedoms are assured !! The truth is out
> > there
> >  Brew and Let Brew; Homebrewing is Fun -- For a Hot Time: EAT CHILES
> >
> >     ---------------------------------------------------------------
> >                    [Image]
> >                                           [Jeepster]
> >                   Jeep® Jeepster
> >
> >                   A V8-powered sports car that can
> >                   cover the Rubicon Trail, the
> >                   ultimate test of off-road
> >                   prowess. It could only be called
> >                   the Jeepster.
> >
> >                   "The original 1948 Jeep Jeepster
> >                   was an interesting adaptation of
> >                   a military vehicle for civilian
> >                   life," said Micheal Moore,
> >                   Chrysler's chief designer for the
> >                   interior and exterior of Jeep
> >                   products. "It looked like it was
> >                   tough, but it was really only a
> >                   car. It left out some of the
> >                   characteristics that make Jeep
> >                   products unique today — features
> >                   such as four-wheel drive and true
> >                   off-road capability. So when we
> >                   revisited the idea, we made sure
> >                   this vehicle could cover the
> >                   Rubicon Trail and still thrive
> >                   on-road with unique, adjustable
> >                   suspension."
> >
> >                   The Jeepster's electronic,
> >                   four-wheel indendent suspension
> >                   raises and lowers via two console
> >                   switches. On-road, the Jeepster
> >                   has a ground clearance of 5.75
> >                   inches. Off-road, the Jeepster
> >                   can be raised to a rock-climbing
> >                   9.75-inch ground clearance.
> >                   Equipped with short overhangs, a
> >                   4.7 litre 32-valve V8 engine,
> >                   monster dual exhaust pipes, a
> >                   Quadra-Trac® II transfer case
> >                   with on-demand 4WD high and low,
> >                   a four-speed automatic and an
> >                   integrated aluminum skid plate,
> >                   Moore says the Jeepster is not a
> >                   sport-ute 'wanna-be.' It's the
> >                   real deal. It's even equipped
> >                   with a tow hook designed into the
> >                   hood hinge."
> >
> >                   The Jeepster's traditional
> >                   seven-slat grille is flanked by
> >                   open fenders cantilevered over
> >                   the front tires. Round headlamps
> >                   are slightly exposed above the
> >                   hood surface, and an elegant
> >                   character line in the center of
> >                   the hood is in keeping with the
> >                   original Jeepster. The entire
> >                   vehicle angles forward — in the
> >                   on-road position — to create an
> >                   aggressive, linear look. A roll
> >                   cage stands at attention under
> [...]
Well, sir, or should we spell that cur? I get enough of that kind of
language from small minded idiots who do not have enough intelligence to
make use of the English language, which has enough superlatives and
nouns and pronouns, all correct, mind you, to cover any situation.I
enjoy this list, and have met a great many fine people here, all banded
together to promote, discuss and enjoy that wonderful donation to this
world of ours, from this continent, the chile pepper. I also, do not
appreciate spam, or using a list such as this one to promote the sale of
potatoes, furniture, automobiles(dont care what colour) or anything
else, for that matter, except Chile! And to stoop to the gutter to
object to the kind of thing above, is totally uncalled for. The person
who placed the Jeep ad on the list was wrong, and he admits that fact,
but the person who came back with the kind of infantile reply was a far
greater transgressor, and I trust, will be chastised by more than me.
Doug in B.C.