Re: [CH] Garden Orientation

Phil Cody (wpcody@mindspring.com)
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 23:28:40 -0500

At 02:50 PM 3/17/98 -0500, Robert Farr, Chile Man wrote:
>Tallest plants go on the North side for full sun.
>
>However - since peppers like some mid-day shade, I place an occasional
>amaranth (subsitute "tall plant") on the South side, which creates some
>dappled shade.
>
>A few on the East, too.
>
>Robert.

Thanks for your reply Robert, I probably did not provide enough info in my
earlier post.  I am planning on planting (if the seedlings thrive) about
150 Big Jim variety New Mex type green chiles.  Since they are all the same
variety they should be approx. the same height.  Individual plant spacing
will be about 18" with about 3 ft. between rows. Is there a preferable
compass direction to orient the rows?   Does it even matter?

Phil Cody
wpcody@mindspring.com

When the situation is desperate, it is too late to be serious. Be playful.
Edward Abbey