Re: [CH] mushrooms

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 14:36:18 -0500

At 01:43 PM 3/13/98 -0500, Barbara VanRenterghem wrote:
> After having had Mark's jerked portabellas at the last Concord Hotluck,
> Brad and I decided to give it a whirl.  Unfortunately, his recipe was not
> to be found!  :(
>
> I decided anyway to smother the 'srooms with Caribbean jerk sauce...just
> a little tangy, nothing too potent, and we smoked them on the grill
> Tuesday night (in the middle of the temps crashing around us).  AWESOME!!!
> This sauce came in a jar with brown paper secured around the lid with the
> name...can't remember it offhand, but it was fantastic!  So thanks to
> Mark for the inspiration and hope someone can send me the original recipe
> soon!

I'm afraid I never follow a recipe, none of the batches I have made have
come out the same.  They are essentially a base of Newmans Own Caesar
dressing mixed with a commercial jerk paste and some habanero hot sauce.
Recently I changed it again and used pureed chipotles in adobo in place of
the jerk paste.  Came out really good.  Portos are so forgiving that any
flavor marinade you want to work with seems to work out well.
                    =Mark

     @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @

              Life is a Cabernet