[CH] Re:Emus and raising jalepenos (separate issues!!)

Dale.Freeman@dofa.gov.au
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:24:53 +1000

Ok Ok not a bad description of an Emu other than the fact that every adult
emu I've seen has been 5 ft plus.

The meat is gaining popularity as it is particularly low in fat (what they
get fo living in deserts I suppose).

On another point, I raised several sorts of chiles from seed this year
(habs, birdseyes, mulatos, scotch bonnets and serranos) but for some
reason, jalapenos I planted didn't germinate (I tried a couple of
plantings).

All seedlings were planted at the same time raised in a vermiculite/perlite
mix (for transferring to a hydroponic system after germination).

Any ideas why no jalapenos.  Was it just bad seed?  Are there any secrets
to germinating jalapenos?

Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers

Dale