Re: [CH] Bits & Bobs

Randy (rock4u@rocketmail.com)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 22:12:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi Micheal,

I agree with you on all counts.  I believe someone did post the
article stating that capsicum kills the bacteria that forms ulcers.
There may be something on Micheal Bowers Web Page.  It contains some
very detailed science on the subject of peppers.

If there was any truth to these myths we would all be in bad shape by
now!

Maybe a "Myths" section would be a good idea.  I thought I had heard
them all until my barber said hot peppers would damage my prostate!

Best Regards,

rr

---Michael Bailes <frgntgar@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> At 6:05 AM +1100 16-3-98, Jonathan T. Smillie wrote:
> >At 07:46 PM 3/14/98 -0800, Randy wrote:
> >>It's probably been discussed on the list before, but I'd be
curious to
> >>hear of other's experiences with people's reactions upon finding out
> >>we are ChileHeads.  It may be standard answers but here's a few I
get:

> >>1) Will give you ulcers
> Will probably cure them see scientific literature
> >>2) Will eat holes in your stomach
> Bollocks.
> This has been tested too by pouring pure capacacin into stomach and
then
> watching with camera.
> How come Chillies attract so many urban myths?
> Should we have a myth section in the archives?
>
> Michael Bailes.
> The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250 Australia.
(OZ)