Re: [CH] :(

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 20:13:22 -0600

Suz wrote:

> I just feel the need to complain and moan.  Planted most of my jiffy pots of
> peppers last weekend when the weather was in the mid-eighties.  Now, that el
> niņo guy is gonna be dropping (horrors) *snow* on us poor folks in the high
> desert region of Southern California.
>
> I have put plastic milk cartons over my plants, hoping that will at least
> keep them from frost and wind damage.  I don't have time to put up Xmas
> lights, as this storm is rapidly approaching and, besides, it's too dang
> windy and cold to go outside anyway.  Thankfully, I still have a few jiffy
> pots growing seedlings in my warm kitchen.
>
> When will spring finally arrive??
>
> *sobbing here*  :(
>
>     ("`-'-/").___..--''"`-._
>       `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  Suz, aka
>       (_Y_.)'  ._   )  `._ `. ``-..-'   katj
>     _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'

Suz-
	Many of my native Tepins were already coming back out of the root when
the last storm hit here.  I saved every one of them by poking sticks in
the ground in the shape of tripods over the plants and covering
completely with towels, old blankets, old jackets, etc.  I left them
covered 3 days with no problems, and it was getting down around 20
degrees F. at night, with 2" snow the first night.  My greenhouse didn't
fare so well the previous storm, as I was out of town.  Good luck.
                                    Calvin