RE: [CH] Hotter Than Hell recipe

Michael Schapansky (michael1@bga.com)
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 09:03:14 -0600

One of my favorite quesadilla recipes comes from Southwest Tastes (of the
series Great Chefs of the West)

Brie and Papaya Quesadillas

Flour tortillas
Brie cheese, in slices
1 ripe papaya (yellow and fragrant)
1/2 white onion, sliced and blanched slightly
1 Hatch or long green Chile, roasted, peeled and sliced
2 TBS oil

Layer the cheese and papaya.  A couple of pieces of papaya should do it.
Sprinkle a few onion pieces and the chiles, fold, brush with oil and fry
until the outside begins to brown and the cheese is melted.  Cut into
wedges.
I've made these for many parties and always get "oohs and Ahhs".  Of course
for THIS list, habaneros may be substituted for the wimpy Hatch chiles.