Re: [CH] Chicago hot-spots

Jonathan T. Smillie (jsmillie@protix.com)
Thu, 02 Apr 1998 09:27:55 -0600

At 07:31 AM 4/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Going to Chicago in mid-June for a meeting.  I could use sny suggestions
>for places to eat around the convention center.  Thanks in advance!

Babs:

When in Schaumburg, IL (about 30 mi. north of Chicago) for a seminar last
fall, I found a great Indian restaurant, the Indian Garden. They have two
branches listed in Chicago proper, one at 2548 W. Devon Avenue and
one at 247 E. Ontario, second floor.

I don't know Chicago well enough to know if these are near the convention
center or not, but if they're anything like the Schaumburg branch they're
well
worth a visit. The food's stupendous- even though we only went there for
lunch, it was good enough one day to bring us right back the next, and day 2
didn't disappoint. Prices are extremely reasonable too..

Ever since then, we've been kicking around the idea of an overnight trip to
Chicago, just to have dinner there (it's about 3 hours from Madison to
downtown).

Usual disclaimers re affiliation and satisfied-customer status.

Jonathan

*  "What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were *
*  like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of     *
*  methane and ammonia must be silent?                                *
*  - Richard P. Feynman (1918- 1988)                                         *