Re: [CH] Resturants in San Diego

Phil Cody (wpcody@mindspring.com)
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 11:32:39 -0400

At 05:06 AM 4/10/98 -0600, Chile Farmer wrote:

>Hi Group
>
>Going to San DIego next week, and was wondering were some good places to eat
>with hot and spicy food.  Also, are there any good hot sauce stores?
>
>George
>in Denver

For Szechuan Chinese try the Panda Inn in Horton Plaza near downtown San
Diego.  One of the best Chinese dishes I have ever had is their Sweet and
Pungent Shrimp, made extra hot.

For cheap and killer carne asada burritos try Roberto's.  It's a local
Mexican fast food chain with locations all over the area.  Really low
prices and popular with many locals.

In Old Town San Diego (only a few blocks in size) there used to be a good
Mexican Restaurant.  I don't recall the name but it was the one with people
making hand made tortillas in the front window.  It patrons were usually a
mix of tourists and the young local crowd.  Good Margaritas too.

It's hard to go more than a few blocks in San Diego County without passing
some kind of ethnic restaurant where you can get your daily dose of chile
if you are adventurous.  Most of it is pretty good too!

Good Luck and have Fun!

Phil
wpcody@mindspring.com

When the situation is desperate, it is too late to be serious. Be playful.
-Edward Abbey