[CH] Re: Restaurants, San Diego and Tijuana

Doug Irvine (dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 21:22:17 -0700

Suzanne wrote:

>   Chicken livers wrapped in bacon with a half a water chestnut
> >and a half a chile...your choice! MM good, but menudo, Oh No!! Doug in
> >BC
> >
> Hey Doug,
> Would you mind typing up the recipe for me?  I remember as a kid growing up
> in CA that a friends mum used to make those for parties (of course she also
> used to dance around to Tony Orlando music *grin*)...it'd be neat to have a
> recipe.
> TIA,
> Suz
>
> -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
> ...if that which thou seek thou find not within thee, thou will never find
> it without thee."
> -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Sure...and I hope you enjoy it, I do!
Take however many chicken livers, cut em in half, take an equal amount
of bacon, cut in half to wrap around the chicken livers, cut water
chestnuts in half, enuf to be in the middle of the liver, when it is
wrapped in the bacon, take a pickled jalapeno, one slice and put all
together...take pepper, chestnut, chicken liver and wrap in a half slice
of bacon...skewer with toothpick...marinate in mixture of soy sauce,
ginger chopped up, garlic chopped up and a little white wine,
marinate for at least a couple of hours, then take those little beauties
and place them on a greased(olive oil)pan, and do them in the oven for
about 20 to 25 minutes at 350F(dunno what in C, Chuck) When they are
done take them out and enjoy...they are terrific...This recipe was given
to me by a customer to whom I had sold a Hammond Organ in Kelowna BC who
had been a resident of Hawaii, he has since gone to the big Island in
the Sky, but his recipe lives on!MUCH BETTER THAN TRIPE!! Cheers, Doug
in BC