[CH] Fwd: chile powder uses

JOE1BOXER (JOE1BOXER@aol.com)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 23:30:18 EDT

--part0_892697418_boundary

From: JOE1BOXER <JOE1BOXER@aol.com>
To: suz@avana.net
Subject: chile powder uses
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 23:29:27 EDT

I know this isn't all that creative, but I am assuming you like a little spice
in your cooking when I say this-SOUPS.  In just about any soup a dash of
cayenne adds a really great color.  And if you are not looking for spice, you
can add just a little:)  The bright orange color you get lights up the bowl.
You can also use it with other things like..garlic powder, salt, black pepper,
and any number of other ingredient to create your own distintive blackening
powder for chicken, fish, etc.  One last thing, and I know this sounds
strange, but I have done it and I really liked it.  Next time you make mashed
potatoes, add some cayenne.  Before you blow this idea off think about it.
You add just enough so you can taste and feel it, and it adds a really nice
look to the mashers.  You will have the regular color with bright orange
specs, it looks really nice.  Besides it is unusual and unexpected:)
     Hope this helps
                   -Joe

--part0_892697418_boundary--