Re: [CH] The value of rubber gloves

Charles Demas (demas@tiac.net)
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:46:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Michael Schapansky wrote:

> My question is, how many of you list members routinely use gloves when
> handling peppers?  What happens if you don't?

I use dried habs and crush them up by hand adding them to some sauces or
some chicken with rice I'm boiling up.  I now wash those hands immediately
after crushing, not so much because of any pain I might experience
immediately, but because of the reaction I felt when I "adjusted" myself
much later in the evening.  Once burned, twice wary. :-)

I'm reminded of the milk joke that ends, "I didn't realize that's how you
filled them."  :-)

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

P.S. Rubbing your eyes after crushing some dried habs will also get you
to "see" the wisdom of either washing your hands or wearing gloves.  :-)
FWIW, I use Dawn detergent when washing.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas