Re: [CH] Banning possums

harryo@dave-world.net
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 22:05:23 +0000

I wouldn't rely on the urine to keep the critters away.  In my 30
years of bowhunting experience for whitetail deer, I have observed
deer and coyotes in the same woods and have seen deer smell areas
that were marked(urinated on) by coyotes many times.  I have never
seen a deer show alarm  when smelling the coyote urine, only
curiosity, and whitetail deer are one of the most nervous, and
easily alarmed animals there is.

After all, urine is composed of the same basic elements, no matter
what animal produces it.  I actually make mock scrapes to attract
bucks, in which I urinate myself, and they do attract deer, but I
digress.  I think human hair would work much better to repel
critters. You can get all you want from a barber shop.   Coyote hair
would work better, but good luck getting it.

Harry