Re: [CH] Any tips, advice, special spells or curses?

Hobby Farmer (hobby.farmer@carrinter.net)
Fri, 01 May 1998 03:00:07 -0400

Suzanne Prescott wrote:

>>snip<<  I'm about to make my first batch of hot sauce ever.  Like so
> many things -- there's only one 'First Time.'  I've grown peppers
> but never made the sauce. Before I embark, I'd love  any tips, advice > or condolences you'd care to give.

Of course, since this is the first time, be gentle....   I tend
to use lime juice along with the vinegar to get the acidity,
tasting as I go.  My hab sauces are thickened with cooked
carrots - you get a bright orange sauce that looks so innocent.
Depending on my mood, onions, garlic, tomatoes, salt, cilantro,
sugar and assorted fruit may end up in there.  Try making
several itty-bitty batches, then a big one of the experiment
that tastes the best.

Good luck

Hobby Farmer