Fw: [CH] Staking plants

Gil White (gilbert.white@sympatico.ca)
Fri, 1 May 1998 21:45:54 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_00FD_01BD754A.84453640

I was going to say you don't have to stake chile plants, but having just =
read about keeping them going for 3 years, you might want to check with =
some of those kind folks.  But for growing outside, no staking is =
required.  The larger peppers grow close to the stem, and the smaller =
ones like serranos  and habs tend to balance and keep things well =
balanced.

Gil

-----Original Message-----
From: kevin.george <kevin.george@conwaycorp.net>
To: Chile-Heads <Chile-Heads@globalgarden.com>
Date: Thursday, April 30, 1998 3:46 AM
Subject: [CH] Staking plants

What is the best way to stake pepper plants?  Should I use tomato cages =
or stakes of some kind?  Thanks!
=20
Kevin

------=_NextPart_000_00FD_01BD754A.84453640

I was going to say you don't have to = stake chile=20 plants, but having just read about keeping them going for 3 years, you = might=20 want to check with some of those kind folks.  But for growing = outside, no=20 staking is required.  The larger peppers grow close to the stem, = and the=20 smaller ones like serranos  and habs tend to balance and keep = things well=20 balanced.

Gil

-----Original = Message-----