Re: [CH] grounhogs agin

harryo@dave-world.net
Tue, 5 May 1998 22:31:36 +0000

Suz, it sounds like you are talking about gophers.  There is a big
difference between them and woodchucks, aka groundhogs.  About 15-20
lbs difference.  Woodchucks are tough as nails and will hardly blink
at the poison gas bombs that are sold for gophers, or any other
non-restricted poison that is available.  Sticking one with a gopher
trap is probably just going to piss it off.

They taste somewhat like beef, but are very tough, so they need to be
cooked accordingly.  I have sampled woodchuck about 4 times, and
every time they had been prepared with a lot of black pepper, so
cooking them with fresh chiles would work well.

Harry