RE: [CH] Cilantro Recipes

Bloechl, Sharen Rund (sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com)
Sat, 09 May 1998 07:58:18 -0700

Cilantro can go in anything (almost) Mexican & Chinese - especially Chinese
Chicken Salad - I make a mock one:

Place equal parts cabbage & lettuce chopped/shredded (for a large group use
one of each) in a large bowl
Add coarsely chopped/snipped cilantro
Two packages Ramen noodles - uncooked (use the seasoning for something else)
while still in the pacakge, use the palm of your hand to crush the noodles,
then pour over the greens - set aside
Put enough oil (olive, bacon fat, canolla. . .) in fry pan to cover the
bottom (about 2TBS) - use med-hi to hi heat
Add chicken - cut into bite sized pieces (either raw or already cooked - raw
will take a bit longer to cook)
While cooking the chicken add seasonings like garlic (preferably fresh
chopped), chopped red pepper (to taste), 5-spice powder, 3 TBS chunky peanut
butter, sesame seeds
When done, pour chicken mix over the greens
Pour one bottle Italian dressing over this
Toss & serve

Have additional hot peppers, salt & pepper, on the side

Sharen Rund Bloechl

Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Sunnyvale Data Center
sharen.rund_bloechl@lmco.com        Phone: 408-756-5432
[or]                                Fax:   408-756-0912
srund@svl.ems.lmco.com              LMnet: 8-326-5432
Pager: 408-539-5146  web:  http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi