Re: [CH] Ice cream

Stephen Tanner (
Tue, 12 May 1998 13:00:20 -0400

Andrew Healy wrote:
> Pardon the enquiry, but, does anyone out there have a recipe for a tasty
> chile ice cream ?

I found this recipe on my page and am forwarding it to you. I,
personally like to use
a full teaspoon of Hab powder as the ice cream tends to counteract the
heat of the chile.

Have fun, Steve

								Recipe #82

	Hot and Spicy Ice Cream

	1 1/2 cups heavy cream
	1/2 cup milk
	1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
	1 teaspoon ground ginger
	1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
	1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
	1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (or your favorite or more is better)
	3/4 cup sugar
	6 egg yolks, beaten

	Combine the cream, milk, spices and half of the sugar in a saucepan
	over medium heat.
	Stir the remaining sugar into the yolks.
	Add the cream mixture in a stream to the egg yolk mixture, stirring
	constantly, and pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
	Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats
	the back of a spoon.
	Cool and pour into an ice cream maker.
	Freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.

Steve Tanner
Tarheel Steve's Pots, Pans, & Poetry
Da Firecracker Chilly Page
Steve's Stuff