Re: [CH] The Worst salsa you've ever had.

Bill Woodward (wpwood@dazel.com)
Thu, 14 May 1998 10:51:46 -0500

I've never been to the Chuy's on Barton Springs, just the north ones.
It is one of my favorite restaurants in town, especially during the
Green Chile festival.

However, I *definitely* agree about the catsup salsa.  At least at the
north Chuys', it has big chunks of carrot (!) in it.  Wouldn't touch the
stuff, but the Pico is very good.  If you ask nice, at least at some
times during the year, they'll bring out some green salsa that's quite
good, too.  Also, instead of the regular mexican rice, ask for the green
chile rice, which is very good.

Other sauces you have to ask for:

Hatch green chile sauce (as opposed to their regular green chile sauce)
Jalapen~o Ranch dressing

Both of those are good for dipping chips.

Chuy's is not the best Chile-head restaurant if you're looking for
extreme heat, but I prefer hot with good flavor over just very hot any
day.

--
Bill Woodward         | PSW Technologies  | Until you stalk and