RE: [CH] Red Dog Tavern

Porter, Jeff (jeff.porter@iga.com)
Fri, 15 May 1998 17:27:57 -0400

Been there, but haven't done that!  What you're reading is completly
true.  They have a "wall of flame" and will put your name on it if you
can eat a dozen wings with armaggedon sauce on them.  I think they even
give you the wings at no charge if you can eat them all.  Anyway, the
bar is in the town of Inlet which in on Rt. 28 about 20 miles north of
Old Forge (about 75 miles north of Utica).  Once you get into the little
hamlet of Inlet turn right at the only intersection in town which is
very close to the Visitors Bureau.  I can't remember the name of the
road, but you can't miss it.  You need only travel 1 - 2 miles out this
road and you will find the Red Dog Tavern on the left.  Do not expect
much as its a very local back woods type of tavern.  The bar itself
would only hold about 20 people, but they do have a bigger adjoining
room for bands, pool etc.  I'm not surprised that there isn't any Web
presence.  He makes the stuff right in his kitchen at the bar.  He puts
a face mask with an oxygen tank on his back when he's making it (or so
I'm told).  The sauce is awesome.
We have spent many vacations at my Uncles place in nearby Eagle Bay so I
know the area well.   We may even be going there over Memorial Day
weekend.
Cheers.
-JP-