Re: [CH] BBQ RUB CHALLENGE!

Bob Pierce (al999@lafn.org)
Fri, 15 May 1998 14:40:28 -0700

BP's Butt Rub

2 T Salt
4 T Sugar (brown or refined)
2 T Ground Cumin
2 T Chile (I use De Arbol, but whatever sounds good to you will work)
1 T Paprika (All this does is just add some color)
1 T Ground Mustard
2 t Ground Pepper
1 t Ground Garlic
1 t Thyme

This is a fairly basic rub I use for pork...it works for me.
I use whole spices and grind them. Better flavor that way.
Shake on your meat ( no need to RUB it in) and refridgerate for 24 to 48
hours.
Whip out your meat and start cookin over low heat 225 Deg.

--
Bob
In SoCal