Re: [CH] consumer opinion

Richard A. Williams (croaker@earthlink.net)
Sat, 16 May 1998 00:39:14 -0700

Judith Stone wrote:

> I've been asked by a well-known national trade publication to do an
> article on consumer opinions about hot sauces.  I know all of you are
> experts in the field and would love to include your opinions in my
> article.  After all, you are the "top of the food chain" in the hot
> sauce business" as the editor put it and I know will make a great source
> for me.
>
> I would like to know what prompts you to buy one hot sauce over
> another.  What rings your chime,  so to speak.  It is taste, heat
> levels, color, labels, price, advertising, word-of-mouth, salesmen's
> advice or anything else that causes you to reach for that "special"
> bottle.  Also, if you don't mind, I'd also like to quote some of you in
> the article because I feel there is a great cross-section of people on
> the list.
>
> If you feel that this is too commercial for a discussion on the list,
> please feel free to e-mail me privately.  I hope that this isn't the
> case, however, because I think (in my own mind, of course) that this
> would be an interesting topic.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.  Judith

Hi, Judith.

For me, it's taste and heat level. I don't give a damn what it costs, if
it tastes good and has a serious heat level, I'll buy it.

I pay zero attention to advertising, word of mouth is what sells me.
This list is a big influence, thanks to the fine folks here I discovered
Matouk's West Indian Flambeau sauce. I'm going to try Ralph's Righteous
next, just because Jim C. says it's good.

Richard

"Hold back the water, I gotta find time to burn"