RE: [CH] A chicken enquiry

Marianne Meisels (marandy@shani.net)
Tue, 19 May 98 18:05:46 MET

The only pepper stuffed chicken "recipe" I have is for
grilled whole chicken.

Basically, you marinate the chicken in a mixture of soy
sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper + the hot seasonings of
your choice for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
You then stuff the chicken's inner cavity with a few whole,
peeled small onions and as many chile style peppers (either
cut in half or into long strips) as you can cram in, heat up
the grill and grill (basting as necessary with reserved
marinade -- I prefer to reserve some of the marinade BEFORE
putting the chicken in, otherwise I find it too foul and fowl
tasting -- to keep it moist) until it's reached the required
doneness to your taste. Before serving, remove the onions and
peppers and scatter them on and/or around the chicken.

Now that I think of it, I suppose you could do the same thing
and roast it instead of grilling...hmmm!

Marianne
marandy@shani.net

--- On Mon, 18 May 1998 15:54:39 +0100  Andrew Healy
<A.Healy@surrey.ac.uk> wrote:

>As fans of French cooking [not me] know, it is possible to
stuff a chicken
>with cloves of garlic and have a [supposedly] sumptuous
roast out of it.
>This prompts the enquiry as to if it is possible to either
stuff  or spike
>a chicken, with a suitable chile style pepper [not a
tomatillo please] to
>have a dish unlikely to blow London off the face of the
Earth ? [through

-----------------End of Original Message-----------------