Fwd: [CH] THE BREAD...thanks

JOE1BOXER (JOE1BOXER@aol.com)
Mon, 25 May 1998 20:07:17 EDT

--part0_896141237_boundary

Thanks to all who sent me the recipe for the Bread.  Here is one of those
copies for anyone else who wants it.
  thanks,
        Joe

--part0_896141237_boundary

Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 14:10:52 -0500
From: "Christopher E. Eaves" <cea260@airmail.net>
To: JOE1BOXER <JOE1BOXER@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CH] THE BREAD

JOE1BOXER wrote:

> Could someone please post a recipe for-"the Bread"
>  thanks

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                             Red Savina Bread

Recipe By     : Jim Campbell Mild to Wild Pepper & Herb Co.
Categories    :
   1 1/2  cups          whole wheat flour
   1 1/2  cups          white flour
     1/2  cup           V-8=AE vegetable juice
     1/2  cup           water -- * see note
   1      teaspoon      salt
   1 1/2  tablespoons   dry milk powder
   1 1/2  tablespoons   brown sugar
   1      tablespoon    sorghum -- or honey
   1 1/2  teaspoons     bread machine yeast -- or
   2      teaspoons     active dry yeast
   2      tablespoons   butter
   2      ounces        ground dried Red Savina Habanero powder

Heat liquid ingredients to about 100 F.  Pour into cannister.  Put in
dry ingredients, yeast last.  Set machine to desired finish.  Done.

Jim's Notes:(all wheat flour may be used, but not all white the Savina
(tm) seems to go good with wheat breads while white has too little
flavor for it IMHO) I'll leave it to individuals to try and figure out
how to adapt this to their own style of breadmaking.  Like I said, this
is for one of those auto bread machines simply becuase I don't know how
to bake bread otherwise.  If it ain't easy, I ain't got time to do it.
I'm sure there are lots of different herb combinations that could be
used as well.  Hope you all have fun with this!
Jim Campbell, Mild to Wild Pepper & Herb Co.
Chris' note:  I sometimes use low sodium chicken broth in place of the
water. Habenero powder may be used in place of the red savina powder.

--part0_896141237_boundary--