Re: [CH] Pickled Jalapenos

Lorraine Heidecker (lheid@saclink.csus.edu)
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 11:39:40 -0700 (PDT)

That bottle of Taco Bell Hot (sic) Sauce was sent as a horrible example.
(Lest you think we have no taste at all!) At the time there was much
outrage and hand-wringing on the lsit about the stuff so we thought we
would include a bottle in a goodie package to the southern hemisphere so
they could see what all the fuss was about.  Not opening the bottle was
probably a VERY wise decision.

Taco Bell has now (minimally) altered their hot sauce offerings.  They
have three - Mild (basically salted tomato puree with some vineger in it
- I don't care WHAT the list of ingredients says) Hot (a wee tad spicier
that the mild) and Fire (a wee tad spicier than the hot).  None of them
are very good.

I do confess to a great liking for their stuff (especially the new
gorditias - anybody know where I can get a picture of that dog?) but
prefer a splash of Cholula on them.  Somehow all Taco Bell stuff needs a
red sauce to taste good!

Peace, love and peppers

Lorraine