Re: [CH] Barely Legals

The Old Bear (oldbear@arctos.com)
Wed, 03 Jun 1998 09:24:11 -0400

As I wrote before:

| The irony of my posting this recipe is that I have a
| food allergy to fish.  :(

Maybe Charles Demas or one of the other Boston area chileheads
can do the experiment.

There is also a "chowder festival" held each year at the old
Charlestown Navy Yard (now a historic site where the U.S.S.
Consitution "Old Ironsides" is moored.)   This is the place
where, for the price of admission, one can sample all manner
of chowder from Boston restaurants, professional chefs, and
dedicated afishianados.

BTW, Bostonians... currently going on is the "Scooper Bowl" on
the Boston City Hall Plaza, where for $5 you can sample ice
cream from many of the best known purveyors in the region.
Proceeds go to the "Jimmy Fund," a foundation for research into
childhood deseases long-sponsored by the Boston Rex Sox.  So,
for those who are still "feeling the burn" from last Sunday's
Boston area Hot Luck at Jim McGrath's place, here is a good way
to cool down and do a good deed at the same time.

Cheers,
The Old Bear